Your opportunity with a higher purpose
Become part of a team to build the next generation digital universal bank with a focus on sustainability from scratch. Our client is a dynamic start-up aiming to access to and sustainable financial services, using technology and collaboration among community members to help them achieve their individual financial objectives over the lifecycle and around the clock, while giving their money a higher purpose dimension.
You are a digital native, a purpose-driven individual and a mindful sustainable investment professional seeking to join a passionate team to create long-lasting value for people and planet?
To succeed in this role you should have an established engineering background with a focus on systems and data integration utilizing modern cloud and SaaS-based platforms.
In Your Role
– You will design, implement and deliver highly scalable solutions based on modern cloud-based architectures;
– Support, optimize and automate our internal processes to assist in protecting the radicant community and its users
– Partner with data scientists, engineers and stakeholders across the organization to define high impact solutions and deliver high-quality systems and pipelines
-Identify opportunities and implement best practices to continuously improve our existing systems
– Participate in scaling and upgrading our services to meet an increasing international demand
– Participate in introducing new technologies and ways of working to keep us well ahead of our competition
– Background in developing robust and scalable data/system integrations and orchestrations;
– Experience with modern cloud architectures (serverless first, event-driven) in GCP;
– Proficiency in engineering best practices (CI/CD, observability, configuration management, test automation);
– Proven expertise in Java tools and frameworks (Java 8 and above, Spring/Spring Boot);
– Ability to turn design specs and templates into web applications
– Ability to build appealing interfaces even without design specs
– Proven expertise with web-based, service-oriented applications architectures and designs (REST, HTTP-Stack).
– Prior experience with event-based architectures and applications (Kafka, Google Pub/Sub)
– Hands-on experience with public cloud (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure)
– Familiarity with integrating and aggregating data of multiple types and formats from various source
– Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g.: Jenkins) and version control systems (e.g. git, github, bitbuckets)
– Experience in architecting big volume Java applications
– Knowledge of databases (e.g. PostgreSQL), message brokers platforms
– Appreciation for basic concepts such as immutability, purity, one-way data flow, separation of concerns, simplicity
– Team player with excellent English skills. Willingness to travel to Zurich occasionally
– Good communication skills (English and/or German) and the ability to work responsibly in a dynamic international environment
– University degree in a relevant field
– Solid analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form
– Experience communicating closely with users and other technical teams
– Familiarity with agile ways of working
– Ability to be pragmatic, get things done and pick up new tools and technologies quickly